Thursday, March 17, 2005

March 17, 2005

Temperature-57.4 C -71.2 FWindchill-77 C -106.6 F Wind 10.1 kts Grid 059Barometer 680.9 mb (10591. ft)
031705
Yesterday was my first attempt at a blog but after spending an hour typing out my message to the world I checked the spelling and the system crashed and I lost everything. So I try again today.
Today the women had a meeting to discuss the policies on station and since there are more women than at any time in history here the big R decided to allow some weirdos here to help them feel safe and at home. Apparently, we have already had some drama that is scaring the women and the meeting was to address their fears and tell them what to do if they feel threatened, harassed or both.
Yesterday was the mens meeting which had a very different tone. They made it very clear that any bad behavior would not be tolerated but the problem being is "W0" (the name I call the biggest wacko) was not present to hear all this.
Tonight was St. Patrick’s day so many of us watched the "Waking of Ned Devine". Very funny and entertaining movie. I am really glad the kiwis arranged the use of the TV room for its viewing.
The sun sets in 5 days and we will not see it again until September. I suspect it will be a very long time indeed.
The race across the continent is progressing nicely, several people have already clicked off over 50 miles, biking, running (3 biking miles = 1 race mile) and rowing. It will be interesting to see if they can keep this pace for the entire 840 miles.
Not much else to say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home