Saturday, March 19, 2005

March 19 2005

Temperature-61.2 C -78.0 FWindchill-78.40 C -109.1 F Wind 6.8 kts Grid 119Barometer
677.7 mb (10711. ft)

031805
This web log stuff is hard to keep up with. I am really beginning to appreciate a high-speed Internet connection 24/7; instead of an 11 hour 45 minute window that shifts 4 minutes a day. Right now our connection begins before the sleep cycle and ends just before work in the morning. Needless to say updating the blog requires a loss in sleep. Soon we will be changing our time to fall back with NZ and the window will start appearing at more convenient times.
This morning the phone rang twice, once for the rents and the second for some friends. Sounds like both are doing well.
Yesterday was pretty uneventful I worked on getting some stuff left over from summer done. The turnover of personnel from winter to summer to winter just kills our ability to keep things moving efficiently, there always seems to be some loose ends that are only discovered through digging through past work. The turnover is so quick and the people are so tired and burned out that it is nearly impossible to catch everything. I don’t know of a solution.
Last night I had a date; we watched Northern Exposure and ate into the stash of chips and snacks I shipped down. It was a nice treat to relax and enjoy an evening away from the masses.
I continue to think about the pod casts my friends want me to put together but I am short of ideas about what content would be interesting to others. Maybe the others will have some ideas.
Tomorrow is Sunday, our one day off during the week. Don’t know what I will do but I think I might start some shelves for my wardrobe so I can store shoes and stuff more efficiently. Last week I built a storage shelf for my trash can/cans to make it easier to sort the trash into, burnables, bio-waste, glass/Aluminum, and non-recyclables. Turns out I have begun using the new shelves for storing my stuff instead of their intended purpose thus the idea for the wardrobe. It is really crazy they provide this giant wardrobe, without hangers, without shelves just a big block of space taken out of the room that is pretty much useless. I could see the usefulness if we had formal clothing but Carharts and cold weather gear can be folded and stuffed into dressers or shelves.
Since getting my room key I have now locked myself out twice, once when I left the room to go to the bathroom and the second when I went to work this morning. I am looking for some string to make a lanyard to keep it around my neck but until then I guess I should try to keep my key at hand.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home