Friday, April 08, 2005

April 08, 2005

Temperature-56.2 C -69.2 F
Windchill-76.2 C -105.2 F
Wind 14.5 kts Grid 25
Barometer 673.4 mb (10878 ft)
Lunch: Gross Chicken Sandwiches
Dinner: Flank Steak
Another controversy sprung up today and I thought it was a great opportunity to show how petty things become over time. When the sun went down the maintenance personnel removed some of the hall lights. I for one enjoy having a dimly lit corridor outside my room because when I get up during the night to pee I can open my eyes to see where I am going and the distance between my room and the restroom is just far enough that my eyes can adjust. I guess the doctor did not like the change on the premiss that brightness helps us overcome seasonal affective disorder. He raised some hell involving Camp Centennial and suddenly they are mandating the lights remain on. Everyone was pretty strung out about the whole thing and it became the topic of conversation during lunch and dinner. A sign was created and hung on the berthing corridor doors saying "To leave the lights alone because Camp Centennial wants them on and isn’t worried about the energy usage." (Someone on my floor is a genius and covered the lights with some screening that filters the light to about the same brightness as before but the lights are still on so who can complain.) I could understand mandating the lights remain on if it weren’t for that the galley and other corridors are kept dark. So why the importance on berthing hall lights and nothing else? Sometimes I find it is best not to ask why but just blog about it and move on to the next day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home