Thursday, March 31, 2005

March 31, 2005

Temperature-63.7 C -82.5 F
Windchill-81.2 C -114.2 F
Wind 6.7 kts Grid 113
Barometer 682.1 mb (10547. ft)
Lunch: Turkey Tetrazini
Dinner: Lamb
Wow I am I ever happy I have taken care of my teeth all these years. Ever since I was a wee lad my dentist visits were very short and painless. I have had one filling and I am not totally convinced that I needed it but was the result of my drug-addicted dentist at the time needing some cash. Anyway just before station closed the program brought in their own dentist to do one last check on everyone. All of these people had been checked during the PQ process only months before but they wanted to be safe; thus the second review. Well several folks either paid their dentists off or the "program" dentist was much more conservative in his views and several folks had some major work done. One guy had 9 fillings and 4 teeth pulled and another had several fillings, some scaling done to his upper front teeth and all the front lowers taken out. They both have problems smiling these days without being self-conscious. I don’t know if I would have put myself through that much dental work before station close but these guys wanted to stay pretty badly.
One guy who has an extreme amount of saliva and every time he talks has to suck air through the recently created vacancies in his mouth to keep from drooling. We all remember the "close Talker", "the Soup Nazi" and the "Pig Man" from the Seinfeld sitcom, I often wonder how Kramer, George, Jerry and Elaine would handle "slurpy".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home