Sunday, March 27, 2005

March 27, 2005

Last night was the sunset party and I had a very good time. The Germans made schnitzel, strudel and homemade ice cream and all were excellent. Dinner was buffet style and line consisted of bread, pork schnitzel, chicken schnitzel, broccoli and tofu vegetable pockets. I was not going to have any of the schnitzel but after looking at it I could not resist so I had a small one combined with the tofu thing. As usual there was plenty of alcohol and I part took in more than my share and am feeling it this morning. The streaking club made a pass at the end and then we all retired to the kiwi lounge for some drinks, pool and dancing.
I felt badly for one guy who has an alcohol problem because I think after some drama on station (not the guy who pooped his pants) the management team intervened and are trying to help him. When he came into dinner he looked so scared and uncomfortable I wished we had the ability to support him better but this just isn’t the place to be dealing with emotional and chemical problems. We do have tele-medicine and if needed they could counsel him but not having a warm blooded individual who can identify what the person is going through it has to be lonely.
As usual the full on mating rituals were out at the lounge, girls with girls, boys with girls and no boys with boys yet. It makes for good people watching and reminds me of my disco hopping days.
My friend finished her Easter baskets and put them out last night, I hope everyone appreciates her efforts.
Yesterday I finished my wardrobe shelves and another person wants some similar ones so I am going to help him make them. Surprisingly they turned out pretty nice. I used some furniture grade plywood that was finished on one side that looks very much like maple. One of the carpenters helped me with some of the ideas and it was fun watching and learning from a true craftsman.
Well happy Easter to anyone reading this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home