Friday, November 04, 2005

November 4, 2005

Life is good. Today we have officially been away from South Pole for one week. Somehow we have managed to stay on our meager budget which is a big accomplishment when compared with the last time. As a good friend once told me deprivation leads to binging and last time we traveled we traveled as if we were to super models in a Krispy Kreme (without the purging of course).
Our friend Steve has "jacked" us up with some fine accommodations in Sumner. The beach is a block away, a mountain bike track starts in front and the people are very friendly. I spend the days riding my bike and getting my bike ready for our long travels through Southeast Asia. We don't have much space in our panniers so I keeping pairing the pile that is going to the bare minimum. I still haven't reached the point where I have started adding things back in so I suspect I have more pairing down to do.
Another great thing I have discovered is cooking. Down the street is a market and we usually make one to two trips there to buy some fresh foods and bring them home to cook. All the foods I missed at Pole I no longer have to go without. Everyday so far I have had an avocado, fresh eggs, fresh fruit and really nice dinners. One night I made spaghetti with venison and it tasted so good and because of the difference in altitude the noodles came out perfect. It is so nice having choices again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home