Thursday, April 14, 2005

April 14, 2004

Temperature-45.2 C -49.4 F
Windchill-62.0 C -79.6 F
Wind 13.9 kts Grid 5
Barometer 678.2 mb (10696 ft)
Lunch: Turkey Pot Pie
Dinner: Green Chili Burritos

This week is shaping up to be a good week. Yesterday was my birthday and my significant other made enough of my favorite cake for everyone. It was fun to watch people take a small piece and then come back a few minutes later for a bigger piece and then back again. The cake is from a recipe my grandmother developed and it contains large quantities of vodka and kahula with frosting that also contains large quantities of vodka and kahula. Obviously when the cake is cooked all the alcohol evaporates but all the flavors are left behind. One German gal had five pieces. I am not sure what I enjoyed more, watching people eat the cake or enjoying a piece for myself..
Also my significant other arranged a party which I only expected a few people to show but turns out over 20 participated in the festivities. We all stayed up late on a school night and we looked it this morning. I felt very rough and a sign was posted on my office door to stay out because of my beer farts. Yuk!
My mother mailed a box of gifts to open throughout the year and inside were two gifts for my birthday. One was a new fleece sweat suit and the other was a sweater. Both were nice additions to my wardrobe. I also was given a copy of the book "The Giving Tree" which made me cry when I read it and some chocolate peanut butter truffles.
It was a very good birthday indeed!
Earlier in the week I moved into my new office. I love it. I have plenty of light, I can turn up my stereo and I have enough space to spread out. The only down side is that it is located in the construction zone so I have to be sure to wear my safety glasses. My previous office was in a cubicle farm in the computer lab where it was kind of dark and noisy. I enjoyed the view from the window when it wasn’t covered with card board but after sitting there for over a year I felt like I needed a change.
On Monday I was bored one afternoon and helped the sheet metal worker build duct fittings. I had a good time cutting, bending and welding the metal into the shapes. I suspect I will have to do more later because it was so much fun

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home