Thursday, May 12, 2005

May 12, 2005

Temperature-47.2 C -53.0 F
Windchill-68.8 C -91.8 F
Wind 17.8 kts Grid 11
Barometer 684.6 mb (10455 ft)
Lunch: Turkey Tetrazzini with grease
Dinner: Spare Ribs, I had the greasy vegetarian tofu carrot souffle

It has been some time since my last entry. I have been very busy every night this week and just haven’t had the time.
Monday, started out kind of weird in that one of the supervisors decided to tell W0 that Big R will not be offering him a contract to come back. I thought it kind of inappropriate to tell the guy within ear shot of everyone in the galley. I was making my morning tea and heard "it’s that you just can’t get along with people" and I started to hum to try to block out the conversation. I think they are doing this a bit early. If it had been me and knowing the history I would have waited until the first flight was here and said "see that airplane, you will be on it when it leaves, so go pack and by the way we don’t want you back next year". I know my way is kind of harsh but I feel management may have more trouble with the guy as the season goes on because he no longer has any incentive to play nice.
Tuesday nights I have Spanish and this week Jimito put together a test to see if we are learning anything. I really like the class because it doesn’t get bogged down with all "formal" rules that my high school Spanish classes seemed to go on incessantly about. I was surprised with my results on the exam because I had studied so little. After class "T" showed "Hero" on the big screen.
Wednesday night I had my second message of the season. My wife is teaching one of the kiwis how to run autocad and his wife gives her messages in trade. My wife thought I needed some work done on my neck and back so she sent me in her place. I felt fantastic! But had little energy to do anything else so I went to bed.
Thursday I was supposed to participate in Arts and Alcohol but I opted out to just hang out in our room by myself and catch up on my blog, drink a beer and possibly watch "Napoleon Dynamite". Not much else going on!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home